- Sensitive color printing systems damaged before reaching the destination…
- Implementing a White Glove service that assured a higher level of oversight and safety…
- The bottom-line result was less money lost to damage and an ongoing dialogue about how our methods could replace the work of problem prone-shippers.
The problem was alarming and expensive: Sensitive color printing systems shipped from the Far East were damaged before reaching a final destination in the United States.
The customer’s need was clear: Find a solution. Quickly. And guarantee future results.
The team at ICAT Logistics Detroit responded with swift precision, tracing the process, isolating the cause of the damage, and implementing a customized solution.
Our troubleshooting determined that the equipment – secured in boxes six feet high – had safely crossed the ocean. We revealed the problem was introduced in the U.S. when the boxes were unpacked – then repacked – to install sophisticated “brain” technology to operate the equipment.
Clearly, the equipment as originally shipped was suitable for packing and stacking. But once the operating systems were inserted, a revised process was necessary to prevent the equipment from being shaken and stirred.
Our prescription: Re-engineer the process by implementing a White Glove service that assured a higher level of oversight and safety to shepherd equipment through the final delivery steps.
Our concierge-like care included a strategic list of safeguards. Among those:
- A self-contained shipping network that restricted handling to ICAT crews and van lines, combined with start-to-finish visibility of every shipment;
- Specially tailored freight strapping and packaging;
- Additional crews and lift-gate access to assure smooth delivery through loading docks and final placement.
Our customer was ecstatic with the results. Damage reports nearly evaporated, with claims dropping to .0043 per thousand – nearly zero. The bottom-line result was less money lost to damage and an ongoing dialogue about how our methods could replace the work of problem-prone shippers.
“We have a proficiency in flexible problem-solving that distinguishes our performance,” says Chris Cser, one of our key leaders at ICAT Logistics Detroit.
“Our success – and the success of our customers – is rooted in our ability to manage service, quality, and price. Our experience calibrating those values makes all the difference.”
We’re your custom shipping resource. Solutions to our customers’ most challenging issues are derived from decades of success in global logistics.