- $29-million dollar contract to provide upgraded telecom equipment to the Iraqi Ministry of Communications..
- Five phases consisting of 40-60 pallets of air freight from Memphis to Baghdad…
- We work with many government and defense entities that require high-level solutions..
A government client reaches out with a project in which they need logistics support. The project involves a $29-million contract between the customer and their U.S. partners to provide upgraded telecom equipment to the Iraqi Ministry of Communications (MoC).
They establish that they need ICAT to manage and coordinate the transportation and logistics for all five phases of the program.
Each phase consisted of 40-60 pallets of airfreight from Memphis to Baghdad and required:
- Inspection of the cargo by a 3rd-party certified inspector, required by the Iraqi government
- Documentation of the cargo, including the commercial invoice, packing list, and certificate of origin, which had to be processed with the below requirements
- Chamber of Commerce certification
- U.S. State Department/Iraqi Embassy Legalization and attestation
- Notarized signature
After the requirements were fulfilled for each phase, the cargo then had to be processed by:
- Having two dedicated truck pickups per phase
- Warehousing the freight for 30-60 days
- Transporting the freight via air from MEM-ORD-GYD-BGW
- Clearing customs and delivering within Baghdad via armed high security
We work with many government and defense entities that require high-level logistics solutions for their sensitive cargo. We have the experts and connections to pick up and deliver to the most austere locations in the world.